Your shopping cart is empty!
Fog & Mørup was formed in Aarhus in 1904 when 24-year-old friends Ansgar Fog and E Mørup took over an ironmongery business. In 1906 the pair moved the business to Copenhagen and began to specialise in lighting, expanding rapidly over the next two decades as they took over other lighting companies. It was in the early 1960s that Fog & Morup really emerged as a significant force in lighting design, following its 1957 appointment of Jo Hammerborg as head of design. Hammerborg initiated what was to prove the most creative and commercially successful period in F&M's history, and his sleek modernist designs became the company's trademark style throughout the 60s and into the 70s, propelling Fog & Morup into the forefront of Danish modern lighting. Towards the end of the 1970s F&M merged with another leading lighting producer, Lyfa, but the glory days ended with Jo Hammerborg’s departure in 1980. Lyfa–Fog & Mørup was taken over shortly afterwards by a mass-market lighting producer, Lyskaer, and the Fog & Mørup brand was abandoned. Read our extended profile of Fog & Mørup here.